Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Fourteen Years!

Michael and I celebrated our fourteenth anniversary last month! Fourteen years! This year we celebrated with an epic afternoon at the Olympic Park in Park City. We enjoyed zip lines, the alpine slide, ropes courses, and a drop tower. It was a BLAST! 

Michael didn't love the ropes course at first. Afterall, his inner ear was damaged by spinal meningitis, so his balance isn't the greatest. I went first and encouraged him and he kept pushing through. Once we finished the lower course, he shocked me when he said he wanted to go on the second course with me too! 
I loved every minute of it! 

Once we finished the ropes courses, Michael convinced me to join him on the drop tower where you had to jump off a 60 foot tall tower. Yikes! Thanks to his encouraging, I faced my fears and had a blast. 

Isn't that what marriage is all about? Facing hard things together, overcoming your fears, leaning on each other's strengths, encouraging one another, then looking back amazed at just how far you've come. 

Michael and I are near polar opposites. Our opinions, our interests, our schedules, our strengths/weakness are almost always opposite from the other. While learning to find balance was hard at first, over the years our differences have become our greatest strength. And I truly look back in awe at where we've been, what we've learned, and all we've accomplished. It's a beautiful life we're building together! 

No comments: