Conrad turned six the end of September! You'd be hard pressed to find a little boy with more energy and more excitement for life. Especially now that's he's found his life's calling - soccer.
Conrad starting playing on a rec league the middle of September and is now obsessed! Soccer is life. He had the BEST coach who helped foster his passion and skills. Conrad naturally is a good little soccer player, and it has been so fun to watch him further his passion. He was thrilled to be chosen as player of the game twice during their season! During most waking hours, you can find Conrad outside dribbling the ball, practicing his kicks and chips, and even working on his goalie dive. He insisted on watching the movie The Big Green the other day. Next thing we know, he's trying out drills he saw in the movie and working up to running for 12 minutes. What a kid! By the way, he's going to win the World Cup some day, so be on the lookout for that.
When he's not playing soccer, what's Conrad up to these days? Eating for one thing, though you'd never guess that based on how skinny he is. Guess he's putting all that food energy in to growing taller and soccer. It's working!
Conrad started Kindergarten this year and has done so well! I'll be honest, I was worried about how he'd do, but I shouldn't have been. He diligently sits down for his lessons each day. While he struggled last year learning his letters and letter sounds, everything finally clicked and he's doing great picking up reading. As a fun side note... the other day he sounded out the word kid and I jokingly tapped his nose and said, "like you!" He tapped my nose right back and said, "You're a kid too. You're God's kid." Thanks for that beautiful reminder Conrad. I loved it!
Conrad is the sweetest big brother. He always talks to Walter in a high-pitched sing-song voice. We frequently find him bent over Walter singing songs he's learned at IMA. My favorite was the time he was singing "God Bless America" in an extremely high key. Walter LOVES it!
Since then he's wanted me to cut his hair short again every few weeks. So buzz cuts it is! He also has a great sense of style when it comes to clothes - like this great outfit he put together for church one week.
For some reason, Conrad is really in to buzz cuts. A few months ago he asked for a haircut as I was headed out the door. I told him I'd happily cut it the next day, but that was too long to wait so he took matters into his own hands...
A few other things Conrad loves right now... legos, music, riding his bike, playing outside, and any sport he sees. I love the catcher's gear he put together!
Conrad is still endlessly curious. One Sunday after church my kids picked up a bunch of chestnuts that had fallen off the tree with the plan to try and roast them over the fire. Later that week, Conrad was playing with them and smashing them open with a rock. Next thing I know, he was crying hysterically that his eyes hurt. It didn't take too long for me to realize something in chestnuts must irritate the eyes. Thankfully after irrigating them well with water he was as good as new.
Conrad had BIG plans for his birthday this year, and we tried our best to live up to them. First, he wanted breakfast in bed...... he also really wanted a birthday party this year. Of course it should be soccer themed! He had a few friend over for an afternoon of playing soccer, snacks, and a soccer ball pinata (which they kicked instead of hitting with a bat). It was a super fun party!






















No comments:
Post a Comment