Lenora Faye had a birthday a few weeks ago and is now TEN YEARS OLD! This sweet girl is a light and a joy wherever she goes. She used to be SO shy, but now she's a ball of silly and fun. Seriously, she can coax a laugh from the most tense situations and people. I love that about her!
Case and point - today after church. She looked so cute with her dress and crimpy hair. Knowing I wanted to blog about her birthday this evening I tried to get some cute pictures of her. Instead I got these...

She doesn't do this in an argumentative or disobedient way - she does it in an "I'm going to bring laughter and fun to your day whether your adult brain thinks you need it or not" sort of way. I love her for reminding me what's truly important and helping me slow down. I did finally laugh at all her antics and she gave me one cute shot. Which she followed up with "I'll delete it and you can keep the silly ones." And she did. Little did she know deleted photos stay in the trash for 30 days. I win this one you cute thing!

It's no surprise she LOVES Walter and he ADORES her back. Babies are so ready to laugh and smile at everything, so these two have so much fun together. She had this little boy cracking up this morning at breakfast...
Another day she dressed him in a Build-a-Bear shirt and we were all dying at his little belly sticking out from his crop top!
Awe Lenora - thanks for always reminding us that life is meant to be enjoyed, that there's beauty in slowing down and taking the time to be silly, and most of all that laughter is often the best medicine .
Lenora isn't all silliness and giggles though, she takes care to work diligently as well. She wanted to make her birthday cake all on her own including shapes out of melted chocolate, and she nailed it!
She's on the Bronze gymnastics team this year and has been working SO hard! Yesterday was her first true competition and she rocked it! Michael took her and said she was confident in her performances. Hard work pays off, and she did really well - even placing first in bars.
The name Lenora means "shining light," and she certainly fits her name. We love you sweet girl! Keep shining your light, and please keep making us laugh!














No comments:
Post a Comment