We were all ready to go to California for Thanksgiving. Bags were packed, kids were in bed, and I was about to start loading the car for an early morning departure when Michael, who hadn't been feel at all well, took a COVID test. It came back positive and ground our plans to a screeching halt. When the kids woke up the next day and realised we weren't going to visit Grandma and Grandpa after all, they were devastated.
Determined to make the best of it, I quickly headed to the store to buy a turkey and stock the fridge. It was a good thing I did because I started feel sick that night too. Michael and I were both pretty sick Wednesday, but by Thursday we had enough energy to prep Thanksgiving dinner. The girls were a HUGE help and made some amazing pies.

Determined to still go visit Grandma and Grandpa before Christmas, we spent the week before Christmas in California. Lots of sun, sand, sea creatures, and great times with family!
Walter LOVED the beach! He kept dragging Hazel and I closer to the waves and ended up soaked and so happy. ![]() |
| Digging for Sand Crabs |


























No comments:
Post a Comment