Sunday, March 17, 2024

Moments and Memories

I have a love/hate relationship with our blog. I LOVE looking back and re-reading posts. I love the memories, the stories preserved, and the way I can see the Lord's hand weaving in and out of our lives. But, I hate trying to stay on top of the blog. I sometimes get hung up on a post because I struggle to put things in to words or I'm trying to gather the right pictures. While I'm waiting to finish a post, I feel like I can't post something else for fear of ruining the order and soon I'm weeks or months behind. 

So, I'm liberating myself from all blog stress and guilt. No longer will out blog be like the large plates of Nephi - a greater record of our history with all the stories, trips, etc. Our blog will now be like the small plates of Nephi - a place for our most precious moments and memories. A place where I can record the things I don't want to forget and which will be most meaningful for my children someday. I'm so excited! 

Without further ado, some of our best recent moments and memories... 

One night at dinner, Michael cooked something Walter loved. He paused eating to clearly sign "thank you Daddy."

On Valentine's Day, Orson - ever my early bird - was up at the crack of dawn telling me I couldn't come in to the school room. Before I knew it, he had placed this on my dresser. He painstakingly cut from chicken wire "I Love You Mome." I have know idea what gave him the idea, but it is by far the best Valentine I've ever received. Thanks Orson! 

Walter now has a name sign! Michael realized how much he loves fires, so he combined the sign for fire with a W to make a really cool, unique name sign for him. I love it, and I think he will too!

Last, but not least, is there anything more wonderful than a sleeping baby? This boy is such a joy in our home! I feel incredibly blessed to have him. I'm grateful for the prompting that someone was missing and the courage to welcome another sweet soul in to our family. It's been hard at times, but it's also been so, so wonderful. 

No comments: