Sunday, April 7, 2024

Mornings with My Boys

Mornings are for spending time with my boys. Often, Walter will wake up about 5:30-6. I'll bring him in to our bed to nurse and we'll both fall back to sleep. Orson is faithfully awake by 6:30 in the morning when he'll also come snuggle in our bed. Walter either stays asleep peacefully or wakes up and tries to climb all over us and claw off our faces. Soon enough, Orson grabs him and they go play in the school room while I sleep/relax a few more minutes. On seminary days, I sneak away to drop off Hazel while Orson plays with Walter and the rest of the house sleeps on. Isn't that the sweetest!?!

Once I'm home, I get to spend some quiet time with the boys. At some point Conrad wakes up to join us (after he gets a morning snack of course because that boy can't live without constant nourishment haha!)

Orson reminds me every morning we need to read scriptures, so the two of us snuggle up on the couch and read a chapter from the Book of Mormon. Then the boys goof off and play while I read scriptures on my own (and pick up Hazel). I love these slow, not so quiet, mornings with my boys. They're fun and wild and sweet and crazy and caring and a handful all in a single minute. 

No comments: