Then in to my head pops a song, "Oh darling don't you ever grow up, you should never grow up, just stay this little. Oh darling don't you ever grow up, you should never grow up, it could stay this simple."
Part of me longs to freeze time. If I could, here's what I would hold on to forever...
The sound of Hazel's sweet voice constantly singing in our home, her long, beautiful hair, how she endlessly quotes from movies and books, and her fear of merging while driving.
Eliza adding harmony to Hazel's singing, the often sweet (but sometimes squeaky) sounds of her violin floating upstairs, her confidence in herself, and her love of Tolkein books.
Lenora's zest for life, her excitement over even the mundane things, the way she still loves to play with the littles but how she also fits in with the older girls, and her wild, crazy, often unbrushed hair.
Orson's tender love for Lionel, his care for me, his incredible responsibility over duties assigned to him, his obsession with pennies, his very real need to be in bed by 8 and his subsequent early rising ready to get to work and help each morning.
Conrad's love for all things soccer, his joy in spending time outside, his lego creations that he shows off to me with such pride, and his fantastic bike shows (even though they mean plenty of mud tracked in to the house).
Walter's love of the song Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam, his need to use scissors to open cheese sticks and bananas, his sweet cuddles when I'm tucking him in for bed, his obsession with Bluey, and the precious way he says Baby Lionel.
Lionel's sweet little grunts when he's hungry, the way he snuggles in to us as he falls asleep, his prefect tiny hands and feet, and feelings of peace and safety he brings to all who hold him.
As much as I'd love to freeze them all, I also know the joy of seeing your kids grow. I love seeing them find their voice and talents. I love seeing them grow in their knowledge of many things. I love the lessons they turn around and teach me.
So we'll grow and learn and live and love together. I'm so happy to have all my kids here under one roof, even if it won't be that way for long.






















No comments:
Post a Comment