Sunday, May 24, 2009

8 Weeks to Go!

Hazel is due 8 weeks from today! I am getting so excited to meet my sweet little girl. While I can't wait for her to be born, this is the list of things I need to do before that:
- Finish nursery
- Hospital tour
- Call insurance company
- Pack hospital bag
- Install car seats
- Check life insurance
- Finish quilt (see below)
- Set up bassinet in our room
- Thank you notes for baby shower
- Create address list for birth announcements
- Find a pediatrician
- Finish my current online class (it ends 2 weeks after she's due and I know I won't be getting any work done after she's born)

Needless to say I'm going to need all that time to get prepared! Here is the latest picture of my belly. I feel like I'm getting huge but everyone keeps telling me how small I look for 8 months. I guess it's all in your perspective.

I am almost done with the quilt I'm making for her. I just have to finish the binding part! I think it turned out super cute so I couldn't wait to post a picture. The close up is of my favorite fabric - the little ballerinas:)



This week I'm off work all week to go to Gabby's wedding in Utah. I'm excited for a little break. Mike's parents are coming in from CA too so it will be a really fun week. I'll make sure to post pictures as soon as we get back.

6 comments:

Tom said...

I am impressed that you have such a short list ~ it won't be long until I hav e a new little God Daughter and I can't wait to meet her

karen said...

how fun !!! and you need to add one thing to your list-- S L E E P !!!!!!!!!! with elsa, she woke up every 1-3 hours during the night.. (yikes).. but with aila.. she wakes up every 3-4 hours.. (ahh, a blessing).. can't wait to see picture of your little hazel.. i need to post more pictures of the girls.. will do that later :)and you LOOK great !!! cute belly !

Alicia said...

yay! Belly posts! And cute quilt... you are fitting in well with the Ballard tradition of quilt makingness.

See you this week!

Crazy Black family said...

Hey Mike... and Justine. Mike, I DO remember you. Congrats on the baby. it'll be so fun. :) You'll be busy and tired, but they are entertaining. Good luck with the labor part. ;) And I just made my blog private, so send me your email addy and I'll add you to the list. bsblack.mail@gmail.com

Unknown said...

OH! You are the cutest pregnant woman! :) I am so excited for you! It is good that you are preparing for the arrival for your little Hazel! You are such a good mother! :) I am sure Mike is excited as well!!

Katie said...

i love the belly... and the quilt! it did turn out really cute! good work!