Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sickness


Poor Hazel had a pretty rough week fighting a nasty case of bronchitis. She had a mild case about a month ago that cleared up quickly with an antibiotic and an inhaler, but this one wasn't so easy.

Monday I took her to the doctor because I heard her wheezing again. They put her back on the inhaler and also started her on antibiotics for an ear infection. By Tuesday night she was actually worse (barely sleeping, not eating, and coughing so hard she would throw up.) I've never seen anything more sad than a toddler who is terrified because they are throwing up. She would just look at me and say "Mommy, yuckies!" while bawling her eyes out. It broke my heart so much I just let her puke all over me.

Because she obviously wasn't getting better, on Wednesday Mike took her back in to the doctor. This time they put her on nebulizer breathing treatments. Thankfully she's finally feeling better! She hated the nebulizer at first, but she's starting to get used to it. She calls it a "necklace" and will tell us "no nec-ace" or "all done nec-ace." Too cute!


Poor Mike was sick too with an adult form of the same thing. I'm so glad they're both feeling better (and that I can get some sleep again and stop doing laundry). Modern medicine is a wonderful thing.
On a brighter note, yesterday was the monthly ASL session (see here) at the Denver temple and there were a total of 12 deaf members there! It's so exciting to see the program grow!

No comments: