Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's a ......

BOY?



(you'll have to zoom in on the picture to get a better look, but I honestly have no idea what we're looking at)

Confused? So is everyone, haha. On Tuesday I went in for my ultrasound. The tech was going along telling me about each part as she scanned. Then she left the room and got the doctor (not my doctor - another in the practice who is an expert with ultrasound.) Of course I was worried that something was wrong with the baby. The doctor just doesn't come in during your ultrasound otherwise, right? Thankfully, the baby is perfectly health. The tech just wanted a second opinion from the doctor on the gender.

The way the baby was lying, she was getting a clear shot of the genitals but couldn't quite tell. They both agreed it is probably a boy but some of his little boy parts were just moved in a way that made them out of the shot. This doctor said this isn't uncommon and it's nothing to worry about.

I saw my doctor right after and she agreed there's no reason to worry. She also said she can order a second ultrasound so we can know for sure (love my doctor). But she warned that the insurance might not pay for it because it wasn't "medically necessary." I called the insurance yesterday and they have no limit on the number of ultrasounds! So we get a second look March 29th. Hopefully the little one will cooperate better this time:)

Either way, it's a stinking cute baby! And I'm half way done! So far this pregnancy has been going great. I've still been more tired than I was with Hazel and frequently fall asleep around 9. I think being more tired this time around has something to do with the wild one I chase around each afternoon after working a full day:) We can't wait to meet the little one.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so happy for you guys Justine! Haha, I have never heard of there being a problem like that with the ultrasound. That's kind-of comical he wouldn't cooperate. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes fantastic for you!