Saturday, May 28, 2011

50 Days and Counting!

Believe it or not, little Eliza is due in just 50 days! In some ways this pregnancy has just flown by, but it others it feels like it will never end. I'm getting to that uncomfortably large stage of pregnancy where I have a hard time sitting up, can only eat a tiny little bit but end up starving an hour later, etc, etc. I will be glad when I can hold her instead of just lugging her around:)

For the most part I have had an easy pregnancy. I did have the stomach flu this past week which was pretty miserable, but luckily it only lasted about a day. Also, thankfully she is positioned differently than Hazel was at this stage. Hazel's feet were right up in my ribs on the right side. I once had one of my right ribs dislocated while partnering for ballet and ever since it dislocates again easily. Well, Hazel LOVED kicking it out of place and it hurt so bad every time she did. I'm glad Eliza hasn't caught on it this one yet (and praying she doesn't figure it out!)

We think Hazel is getting excited to see Eliza. She will play a peek-a-boo type game with my tummy where she says "Where baby Liza? I don't know." Then lifts my shirt over my tummy "There she is!" She has also calls things "baby Liza's ____" when she sees the baby things out ("baby Liza's bath" "baby Liza's crib" etc). I hope that she does well to the adjustment and likes her little sister. They will be so close in age that I think they will quite enjoy each other's company when Eliza's a bit older. I sure hope so!

My tummy has also become a hot topic of conversation among the kids at my work. They have all definitely noticed; even some of the kids with more severe autism seem to notice the difference. One little girl just stood looking at it one day, then came up and said "touch your belly?" Another boy asked me, "Why is your belly getting so big?" My personal favorite was a boy who asked: "Your tummy is big. Why?" Me: "There's a baby growing inside. I'm going to have a baby girl." Boy: "Really! Is your baby going to hatch today!?!" It's cute to see them try and wrap their little minds around a concept that is hard for them to understand and to see them so excited.

Mike keeps complaining that I have barely taken any pictures this pregnancy. After your first the novelty of your growing stomach just wears off and all your left is less than flattering pictures. At least that's how I feel. I did take this one a few weeks ago because I was amazed how much tummy looked like a watermelon....

I'm getting so excited for her to come. I have to keep stopping myself from starting to wash clothes and pack my bag haha. It's still a bit soon for that:)

1 comment:

Katie said...

i agree with Mike - you look adorable pregnant, so we all need to see lots of pictures :)