Well Hazel is now sleeping in a big girl bed. She's growing up too fast! Originally I hadn't planned to move her to the big girl bed until after the baby was born because I still thought she was too young. We did want to put it in her room though just so she could get used to having it around. Knowing Hazel we should have realized she would want to move to her big girl bed immediately:) That's just her personality.
Here she is modeling her new bed in her room the first day we set it up. 
And here she is that night...
My parents had a toddler bed that was my dads then all three of us used it. My sweet mom got it all cleaned up and painted it brown to match Hazel's room. Hazel kept saying "Gram make it big girl bed!" We got it home and she immediately wanted to try it out. For the first week and a half she would ask to go to bed so she could sleep in her big girl bed! Haha. Now the novelty is wearing off a bit, but she's never gotten out more than once in a night. We've told her that if she does she will go back to the crib (and she would hate that so she's listened).Once again I'm amazed by Hazel and how well she's handles transitions. Now if only I could convince her that sleeping past 6am is fun:) She's just an early riser and always has been.And here she is that night...
On that note, I wanted to share a story about one of those "tender mercies" from the Lord that bless our lives in small but deeply impactful ways. The week before my test was a crazy time around here. I was attempting to study from the minute Hazel went to bed until I had to get to bed every night so I wasn't getting anything else done. Guess who slept in until 7am every day that week? Hazel honestly NEVER sleeps that late. EVER. It was a huge blessing so I could wake up, read my scriptures, and do some of the other things I needed to get done before work. After my test was over she went right back to waking up between 6 and 6:15. Coincidence? I know it wasn't. Just a blessing from Heavenly Father to help keep me sane during a very stressful week. He truly knows our needs and gives us the ability to meet them. I am so thankful!
One more picture, Hazel with her new blanket that Gram made her.
1 comment:
How funny she is and how she always has to do things at break neck speeds! It is good though that she is in the big girl bed before the baby because then she won't get mad at the baby for taking her crib! trust me.. much better that way! my brother was so mad at me when I came home from the hospital because he thought i was taking all that was his!
Post a Comment