Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Brithday to You!

On Saturday we had Hazel's birthday party. I really didn't want to risk having to cancel it if I was in labor so we planned it early. Hazel didn't mind:) She has been singing happy birthday to herself for weeks now and couldn't wait for her party.

There were three things she REALLY wanted at her party. 1) an Elmo cake, 2) party hats, and 3) balloons. I'm glad to oblige such easy requests.

I made the cake and I must say I'm super proud of the way it turned out. It had a whipped cream frosting which made it taste amazing too...

The morning of her party Mike and I let Hazel open a few presents from us. One of her gifts was a sleeping bag which she LOVES. We plan to go camping this weekend (provided I'm not in labor) and she is so excited to sleep in her sleeping bag in the tent.
Gram and Grandpa came down for the celebration. Hazel got a ton of clothes from Gram and some play-doh which she is obsessed with.
I love how hard she's trying to make play-doh noodles:)
We had the party in the park near our church with just a few friends. It was perfect weather! I loved that we kept things simple because it was just right for a group of two years olds.

The birthday girl!

Party Hat!

Hazel and her friend Gianna.

Blowing out her candle. She talked about this all week. "Hazel blow out my candle!"

Mylee, Hazel, and Gianna enjoying their drinks.

After cake we were off to the playground!

It really was a great party. Low stress and the kids had a blast. If only all future parties would be so easy:)

No comments: