Thursday, August 11, 2011

Change on the Horizon

I have to begin this post with a preface of our beliefs in order for it to be clear for anyone who isn't a member....

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we firmly believe that revelation still occurs in our day. Not only is there a living prophet on the earth who receives revelations for the Church and the world at large, but we each can receive personal revelations to guide our own lives. These revelations most often come to us simply as thought or feelings as to what we should do.

Several months ago Mike and I began discussing our plans for after he graduates this December. He wants to begin teaching ASL at the college level while he gets his Masters. We thought he could just apply for jobs and to grad school and we could move wherever a job or school took us. I never like change but this was a plan I could handle.

Well, the Lord has different plans for us. Shortly after we "decided" that this is what we would do we both began receiving promptings that we should move back to Utah. Keep in mind that when we left Utah 3 years ago we planed on never going back. But the promptings continued and we KNEW that we are supposed to move. Not only are we supposed to move back, but we're supposed to move immediately after Mike graduates.

So, at the end of December we will be moving back to Utah. Why? We say just like Adam said "I know not, save the Lord hath commanded me." I've already told my work and everything. I'm not going to lie, it's a bit stressful to think of leaving a stable job in this economy and moving to the unknown. But, I also know from experience that the Lord never prompts us to do something without supporting us. The pieces will fall in to place. So, rather than stress and worry about things, I'm trying to simply have faith and see this as a great adventure.

Utah, here we come!


7 comments:

CarolAnn said...

Good Luck!! Perhaps we can get together when you move back to Utah! Everything will work out!

Amy said...

LUCKY!!!!

ps- we might be going back too in Fall of 2012 for graduate school- oh how fun it would be to have SO much family there!

Heidi said...

As always, your faith is an inspiration. We'll be praying for you!

Rachel said...

I am sure things will work out perfectly because you're showing such great faith in His plan. Good for you guys for acting on a somewhat scary prompting!

Gabby said...

Yay! I can't wait!

Jessica Edwards said...

yay! It will be great to have you guys back!

Linds said...

Good Luck! You can come live by us in Lehi!!!