Thursday, January 12, 2012

Done, done, done!

Mike is officially done with his degree! It has been a long road, but I'm so proud of him for finishing. I'm not the only one either. Several of his professors were so impressed with his work, attitude, etc that they recommended him to the University press people. He was interviewed for an article for the school's website (which you can read here). Then the local newspaper got wind of the story and interviewed him again for this article. I feel both the articles are wonderful but I especially like the second article. Mike definitely deserves all the recognition for his hard work and dedication. He even got straight A's this last semester while taking care of the girls nearly full time! We are all so proud of you!

To celebrate his graduation Mike's Mom, brother TJ, Grandma, Grandpa, and step-Grandma all came in to town. It was fun to see everyone and celebrate. I even baked a turkey which turned out wonderfully if I do say so myself.

Sadly, this is the best picture we got of all of us on graduation day. It was crowded, the lighting was bad, Hazel was grumpy after missing her nap, etc, etc. (Oh and notice how Eliza doesn't have any tights or socks? That's because she had a blow out diaper in the middle of the ceremony which I changed with her in my lap since it was nearly impossible to get out of my seat without disrupting every one). Besides the diaper mishap, the ceremony was nice and thankfully fairly short. Afterwards, we celebrated at Texas Roadhouse - Mike's favorite. Not sure where Hazel went during picture time, but here are a few cute ones of Eliza.

Congratulations Mike! We are so proud of all of your hard work.
Bachelors of Arts in Communications
University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
December 2011.

No comments: