Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Six Months Old!

Eliza is 6 months old already! I know I say it every time, but I can't believe how fast time goes. She has such a sweet little personality that is shining through more and more each day. Here are a few tidbits about her now so I can look back and remember her at this age:
- She is a tiny little peanut and still wears size 1 diapers
- She has grown to LOVE her elephant lovey and won't sleep without it.
- She makes lots of cute deep throat noises when she is happy and has a cute, deep, belly laugh.
- She is obsessed with books. When I read to her and Hazel she sits mesmerized and will sit and look at/play with a book for a solid 10 minutes by herself.
- She also loves crinkling/shredding papers. I think she gets this from her Aunt Gabby:)
- She is starting to eat solids and has loved everything we've given her on the first try. I hope this means she'll be a good eater like Hazel.
- She loves having her picture taken and smiles every time she sees the camera. Looks like we might have another diva on our hands.
- Sleep wise she is not the best sleeper and had a hard time adjusting after our move. Since Mike's brother and sister live in the house too I can't just let her cry it out at 2 am, but I've picked up some good tips from my favorite sleep book (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Seriously it's the best) and she's already starting to sleep better.
- She is still such a happy, go-with-the-flow little girl. She honestly never cries unless she's hungry or tired and she loves to just sit and watch everything around her.

As far as her back and neck are concerned, Eliza seems to be taking steps in the right direction. With physical therapy her neck is SO much better. She is turning it to both sides very well and will turn to the harder side and hold it for over a minute to look at something! She also learned to roll over from her tummy to her back just before she was 5 months old, started sitting at 5 1/2 months old, and is just now starting to roll from her back to her tummy (she has to be super motivated to do it though). At her last PT appointment the physical therapist was pretty sure she wouldn't have to continue PT in Utah. The neck is "nearly resolved" and the therapy won't really help her back. As for her back, it looks better to us, but it's hard to tell if it's actually better or if she is just stronger and hold herself upright. We will go for a follow up x-ray in a few months and that will tell us for sure.

No comments: