My sweet little girls are getting too big! Last Saturday Hazel decided she wanted to have a sleep over with Gram and Grandpa and go to church with them the next day. I made sure she understood that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't be staying. She still insisted that she wanted to stay.
Secretly I think I was hoping to get a call early the next morning about how Hazel woke up in tears asking for Mommy. But, she didn't. In fact, she had a blast and was an angel according to my parents. At church she went to their nursery without a backward glance. She even told my dad she wasn't ready to come back to the Provo House when he told her it was time to leave. I'm glad Hazel is such a big, independent girl, but man she's growing up too fast! I think when it's time for school she will be one of those kids who runs off after a tiny peck on the cheek while I stand there bawling.
It's so bittersweet to see them grow. Love it and hate it at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment