So today when Hazel woke Eliza up after only a half hour I was slightly annoyed. Hazel ended up finally falling asleep but Eliza was wide awake and smiley. Her sweet little smile can melt anyone's heart and instantly I my annoyance was gone.
I ended up having the most wonderful afternoon with Eliza. We snuggled, played, laughed, and hung out while Hazel finished up her nap. It's not often I get much alone time with Eliza. I get time alone with Hazel everyday when Eliza naps in the mornings plus throughout the day when she demands my attention. Even when Eliza needs my attention to eat, have her diaper changed, etc I'm constantly conversing with Hazel. I didn't get anything I planned on done, but my one on one time with Little E was a much better way to spend nap time!
A quick update on the Little E... Tuesday she had a checkup for her helmet and her head is looking great! We have a follow up in 3 weeks but her orthostist is 99% sure she will be done after that day! Hooray! With as slowly as she's been gaining weight I was worried her head wasn't growing very much and she'd be in that thing forever.
She also had her very first tooth break through this morning! She's had teething pains on and off for weeks now but no signs of any teeth. But today when a tooth actually cut through she wasn't grumpy at all:)
Eliza has started saying "hi." You will walk up to her and say "Hi Eliza!" and she will respond with the cutest little "hi" right back to you. I love you Little E! Thanks for the fun afternoon!
| Eliza LOVES the Sing-a-Majig that Grandma got her for Easter. |
No comments:
Post a Comment