Sunday, November 18, 2012

It Makes me Smile...

Life with two young kids is so busy sometimes. It seems the floor is never clear of toys and we are always, always running a few minutes late. Some days I can't wait for bed time. But then I remember how short these year are. And how much I will miss my children needing me, and talking my ear off, and constantly wanting to be held. I never want to forget these special years and moments. So here are a few of the moments that have made me smile this week...
 
Hazel:
"I NEVER like mullets. EVER!"

Last night during her prayer Hazel prayed "Bless my Cinderella dress not to get more holes so I can go to the ball."

Recently she's been asking me lots of "Mom, have you ever..." questions. Normally she asks so many that they drive me crazy, but I had to laugh this morning when the first words out of her mouth were"Mom, have you ever droven a house?"

The other evening we were discussing dinner plans. Hazel said she wanted to go to a restaurant but I told her no because we were saving money to go to California for Christmas. She replied, "We can just use the money in your wallet then fill it up again when we're done."

Last night she was playing mermaids in the tub and trying to get Eliza involved too. I loved this moment because I remember playing mermaids with my sister in the backyard kiddy pool all the time.

ELIZA:

Eliza never cries when she wakes up and wants out of her crib. Instead I hear the sweetest "MA! MOM! MA!" from her bedroom.

We took away her pacifier this week and with the exception of one rough night she did great!

Last night I made spagetti and she wanted seconds! Eliza eats like a bird especially at dinner so for her to want more of any savory type food is huge. Keep it up little girl and maybe we can get some meat on your bones.

 On Friday while I was teaching ballet for Hazel and her friend, Eliza plopped her little bum on the floor with us and tried to stretch too. She would learn back and put her arms up. So cute!

Today in church she hummed along to the songs.


One more that makes me smile... I love how much Mike is enjoying teaching. He is loving it more than even he thought he would. So glad he's found his calling in life and a job that he loves! Good thing too since he has plenty of school ahead of him.

No comments: