Sunday, December 16, 2012

All I Want for Chirstmas...


Hazel is adorable! Except this video is not true. Hazel doesn't want her two front teeth for Christmas. In fact, she has decided that she doesn't want to get fake teeth at all. I'll admit we were disappointed. So were her grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. We've tried to make sure she knows they won't grow back for several years. She doesn't care. It will be easier to eat things like apples and corn on the cob. She says, "You can just cut it up for me"

What else do we tell her, "you will look prettier with teeth" or "kids won't make fun of you?" The thoughts have seriously crossed my mind but then what message am I sending to her? That you need to change something about yourself for other people to like you more. That's a terrible thing to teach anyone but especially a three year old!

Then I realized why the fake teeth were more important to us than to her. Because she's a child full of humility and innocence. We, on the other hand, are adults who care too much about what other people think. It really made me realize that although I don't think I have my heart set on the "vain things of the world" in some areas I do. So, sweet Hazel, once again thank you for teaching me. Thank you for helping me realized that I'm more prideful than I thought. Thank you for inspiring me to do better. Most of all, thank you for your shining example of humility and love. I love you sweet girl.

Here's to several more years without front teeth and loving every minute of it!

Guess who got in to Mommy's make up?

No comments: