Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween 2014

We had tons of Halloween fun this year. But, I was terrible about taking pictures. 

Downtown Trick-or-Treat: A friend in the ward invited us to join them for trick-or-treating to the businesses in the downtown area. The more time we spend here the more I love the small-town atmosphere. It was a great time and the weather this day was beautiful! 

Ward Halloween Party: Iowa takes Halloween parties to a whole new level! Forget chili in the church and truck or treat in the parking lot. Our ward party was at someone's property. Truck-or-treat was in the large field in front of their house. Then there were hayrides and a bonfire. We had a blast! 

Carving Pumpkins: When we moved I had to leave behind my beautiful garden that was growing some wonderful pumpkins. So with a heavy heart we bought pumpkins this year. Carving them was still really fun. Hazel had her design in mind for weeks leading up to the carving. She designed and carved it all mostly by herself. I think it turned out really cute!

(Side note: I love how Hazel sticks out her tongue when she's concentrating just like I did when I was younger. Her teacher even commented on this cute trait of Hazel's during her conference)


Eliza was disappointed there weren't any smaller pumpkins and ended up picking out a pie pumpkin. But come carving time she was excited to carve "Lenora's pumpkin."


Meanwhile Lenora supervised these endeavors.... 

But then wanted in on the action. She scooped some seeds,

then decided to taste test things. Needless to say she really enjoyed carving pumpkins as well:)

Halloween day: After a beautiful October, Hallowen dawned chilly. We had to do lots of layering under costumes but were able to make it trick-or-treating without coats on top! I made costumes for Hazel and Eliza again this year. Hazel chose to be Elsa. I would have preferred a more teal blue for her dress but Hazel really wanted this fabric. Besides the color I was pleased with how it turned out.
"Let it go, let it go..."
Showing off her cape
"The cold never bothered me anyway!"
Eliza wanted to be Belle. Why? Because her dress is yellow of course! I love how her costume turned out. In fact, it's my favorite I've ever made.

Sweetest curtsy!
Eliza LOVED having "Belle hair"

Poor Lenora didn't get a single picture in her costume. She wore the Belle tutu that both Hazel and Eliza have worn in the past and then her monster PJs on Halloween. I did snap this cute picture of her the other morning when Hazel decided to turn her in to a fairy.

Also not pictured was Michael's beach bum outfit. As for my costume, why haven't I done this before now? It was a hit with the teenagers I teach at church.

No comments: