A friend creates Five Things for Friday posts on her blog. I always have lots of little things I want to post but no good way to organize them. Now I don't have to try! So here are five fun things for Friday!
- 1 -
Little Miss Hazel is our toothless wonder at the moment. She recently lost her 4th bottom tooth. It was barely hanging on by a thread for days and days. But she refused to let me pull it because she wanted to lose it at school so she could get a tooth necklace. One day she finally worked up the nerve and pulled it after recess. These will likely be some of her last jack-o-lantern smiles because her two front teeth are almost here! We can see them just under her gums. After 3 1/2 years without them we may not recognize her once they grow in.
- 2 -
Orson is four months old today! He continues to be such a sweet, calm baby. He loves to coo and grin when you talk to him, and he has the most adorable dimple on his right cheek. At about 15 pounds already, I feel like he is growing so fast! He spits up A LOT (just like Princess Falls aka Hazel did). The other night, I was holding him facing out and he spit up. Poor Lenora was in the wrong place at the wrong time and it landed right on her head! When she's older and hears this story she's sure to never let him live it down.
| Puke Bomber and his innocent victim |
- 3-
Here's my new favorite piece of furniture in our home....
Thanks for my amazing friend Karren this beauty joined our family for FREE! She was searching Craigslist for pianos and happened to find two listed for free. She contacted both sellers in hopes of getting one and ended up with two so she offered me one! I have wanted to learn to play the piano for many years, and 2016 is going to be the year I start! My plan is to see how far I can get watching YouTube lessons (yep, they exist) and working my way through a few beginning books then add lessons in a few months. I have missed having an artistic outlet and already look forward to sitting down to play each day. I can almost play a simplified version of "The Holy Ghost." I'm so excited for my new hobby!
- 4 -
We had our first ER visit with one of our kids this month. We always thought Eliza would be the first emergency, and we were right. But it wasn't for a broken bone like we assumed, she cut her finger on a can of olives. I had opened the can while cooking dinner and given the girls each an olive to tide them over. Eliza and Lenora were trying to get more when I told them to be careful because cans are sharp and shut the lid. Well, determined little Eliza really wanted more olives and tried to open up the lid after I turned around. It was a really deep cut that left no doubt that it needed immediate attention (and of course these things always happen at 5:15 on a Friday night). Luckily Michael had just walked in the door so I whisked her off to the ER.
She did SO well! After a few tears while they numbed her finger, she calmly laid still and chatted with the nurses while they stitched her up. Four stitches and three weeks later it's looking a lot better...
| You can see right where the stitches were. |
- 5 -
Star Wars is the new favorite thing in our house. One of Hazel's friends at school got her excited about Star Wars and so over Christmas break we watched the original 3 movies with her. Now she's obsessed. When they dress up it's as Princess Leia and R2-D2. They have also played Halloween costumes for our whole family: Hazel- Princess Leia, Eliza - R2-D2, Lenora - Ewok, Orson- Yoda, Daddy - Hans Solo, and Mommy - Queen Amadalla. Michael couldn't be more thrilled about the whole thing!
| Princess Leia |
| R2-D2 "Bee-boo!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment