Tuesday, September 6, 2016

First Day of School

Hazel and Eliza started back to school August 25th! Both of them were so excited for school. 

Hazel is in Mrs. McPartland's Second grade class. In our area, Pre-K through 1st grade are in two tiny schools, and all the 2-4th grades are in their own building so Hazel is at a new building this year. She feels very big! She told me she's already looking forward to leading the morning announcements/pledge once she is in 4th grade. Her teacher is incredible and I think she will have a wonderful year! 
2nd Grade! 

Eliza started Kindergarten! I cannot believe she is old enough. Just like with Hazel, she was way more ready to go than I was to let her. Eliza is becoming so confident! I walked her to her classroom the first day and to the door of the building the second day. By day three she told me, "It's okay mom, I can go by myself." For her and her subtle little personality, that is so huge!
Her teacher Mrs. Palmer is brand new this year, but she seems very excited and eager to teach these kiddos. Eliza loves her already. At pick up time the last few days, Eliza has walked out holding her hand.

My days have been much quieter with the big girls gone all day. I miss them, yet at the same time I love that Lenora and Orson get to enjoy a slower pace. One of the hardest things about having four kids and keeping the older ones entertained without exhausting the younger ones. I also love that it means more one on one time and more structure. Here's to a great year of school! 

No comments: