Sunday, September 4, 2016

Haley

Here's the newest member of our family - puppy Haley! For a puppy, she has been so good. She is sweet and very eager to please. So far she is learning the ropes really quickly, and though she chews a bit like all puppies will and has an accident here and there, she is really well behaved overall. She is a lot calmer than Kiara was as a puppy that's for sure! I think she is going to be a wonderful dog for our family. 

Here are a few pictures of when we saw the litter of puppies. They are such beautiful dogs! Their mom was a blue healer and boarder collie mix and dad was a German wirehair. You can see from the looks on the girls faces why I agreed to get a puppy. They are just so thrilled to have her!
Hazel with 3 week old Haley!

Haley is fitting right in to our family and routine. Kiara has loved having her around. They play and wrestle and run then when Kiara's had enough Haley is quick to leaver her be. I wouldn't be surprised if Kiara loses a few pounds now that she's playing so much. 

Haley has been wonderful with the kids too! She quickly learned to be gentle even with Orson. She loves to run and play with them. I'm working hard to involve the older girls in training her so that she will obey them as well as she will us and it seems to be working.

Haley even has a name sign already. It's like the sign for magic but with only one hand since she was Haley Houdini on our trip home. We love you sweet little Haley! Even I'm glad you're part of the family now. 

No comments: