- 1-
Michael insisted we get in the "football season" spirit by wandering through the tailgates before the first ISU home game. Cyclone fans sure love to celebrate their team! We wandered around and checked out the kid area where the girls enjoyed face painting and a bouncy house. We also decided to take Haley and everyone loved her and wanted to stop and pet her. It was a fun afternoon.
| Everyone crowding around Haley. It was like this all day! |
- 2 -
We've enjoyed tons of outdoor fun this month. I've spent a lot of time picking the garden then figuring out what to do with everything. We've made salsa, canned pears from a friends tree, made spaghetti sauce, frozen lots of squash for stir-fry, given away tons more squash, etc. It's been so much fun to have a huge garden! Besides gardening, we've played a lot outside! The younger kids and I also went to the butterfly garden one day. Lenora was a baby last time we went so she doesn't remember it, but she LOVED it this time.
- 3 -
Poor Lenora caught a nasty virus called hand, foot, and mouth. She picked it up from the YMCA along with half of the other kids that regularly attend child watch. Anyways, her face, hands and feet were all broken out in these tiny blisters. Surprisingly, she really didn't seem to care at all. She was a bit tired but never in much pain. She was mostly just annoyed she couldn't go out for nearly a week while she was contagious.
- 4 -
I've had some adventures this fall with jobs finding me. The first odd job that found me came through Michael. A researcher at the University of Colorado was looking for someone to help collect data in Iowa by giving assessments to K-2 Deaf students. She reached out to him to help in her search for someone who was fluent in ASL, had experience giving assessments to children, and who was unaffiliated with the Deaf institute so the study could remain blind. The only person he could think of in Iowa that fit that list was me so he referred me. I ended up accepting the job to spend two days this fall then two days again in the spring doing assessments at the deaf school in Counsel Bluffs.
At the beginning of September I made an overnight trip out there. It was hard to leave the kids (especially Orson since I've never been away), but it was so good in so many ways. I loved the work! It was a blast to assess the kids and interact with them. It was also a very welcome break. I spent the night out there so after the first day I enjoyed a quiet afternoon, ate some of my favorite foods in peace, and attended the temple. It was a rejuvenating trip for me! I came home refreshed and ready to be an even better mom. I also got these adorable pictures while I was gone:
The other small job that found me recently was one teaching ballet! A local studio was looking for a new ballet technique/beginning pointe teacher, and someone in our ward gave them my name. I have wanted to get in to teaching ballet for a long time so I was thrilled to accept this job! With just one class a week, it fits my schedule so well too!
- 5 -
Every night at bedtime the girls ask me to tickle their backs and sing them a song. Hazel usually requests Primary songs or songs from movies. Lenora likes to hear the same songs over and over again - the "bird" song (My Heavenly Father Loves Me) and the "mama" song (Mother I Love You) are her two favorites. Eliza on the other hand gets bored with the same things. In fact, she started requesting that I make up songs for her. She'll say things like, "Sing me an elephant song" then I'll have to make one up.
Anyway, shortly after Orson was born she asked me to make up a song about him. It is super silly but they girls love it! In fact, they ask me to sing it to them all the time. I didn't want to ever forget the "Bubba song" so I had to include it with today's post. Here it is:
Mr. Orson you're so cute!
Mr. Orson do not toot.
Mr. Orson that's not nice.
Mr. Orson eat some rice.
Mr. Orson let's play ball.
Mr. Orson do not fall.
Mr. Orson do not fall.
Mr. Orson we love you!
Mr. Orson yes, we do!



No comments:
Post a Comment