Monday, August 13, 2018

Gram and Grandpa!!!

My parents came for a visit!!! It was so wonderful to see them, catch up, show them our new home, introduce them to Kentucky, play, read, laugh, pow-wow, and have an all around fun week.

The kids loved their morning pow wows with Grandpa. He is always teaching them new, random things and they soak it all up! 

Conrad immediately took to my parents. He is such a sweet, trusting baby. He especially loved Grandpa's beard!

We had lots of fun while they were here. One morning we built Home Depot projects my parents brought....

We visited the Kentucky Horse Park. This was something we've been wanting to do, but hadn't done yet. It was incredible! We saw former Tripple Crown winners, nearly every breed of horse, history, husbandry, etc. We will definitely be back again!

While Gram was here she pulled Eliza's two front teeth! My mom is so good and pulling teeth (and I hate it!). After the first one came out Eliza walked around with this snaggle tooth for a few days. Yuck!

Some days we took it easy at home. We enjoyed some beautiful hikes, explored the artisan village in Berea, and introduced them to a few local restaurants. My mom is recovering from a broken foot and we were able to borrow a scooter for her visit. The kids loved riding with her haha!

On their last day we visited the Kentucky Arboretum and Children's Garden. There was a train so my dad and Orson were in heaven.
(On a side note, my dad kept accidentally calling Hazel Justine because she's just like my mini me)

Sometimes living so far away is the pits! While I was growing up we lived right around the corner from my dad's parents, Grandma and Grandpa, while my mom's mother, Gram, was out of state. I honestly have just as many great memories of Gram as I do of Grandma and Grandpa. We only saw her once a year, but I had a great relationship with her, and I have many fond memories of great vacations to visit her. Now with technology, my kids "see" their grandparents all the time. I hope they grow up with fantastic memories and strong relationships with all their grandparents. But, it's sure wonderful when we get real hugs too!

No comments: