Sunday, September 1, 2019

Double Digits


The beginning of July we celebrated Hazel and Eliza's birthdays. I cannot believe my first baby is now a double-digit tween. She's less little girl and more young lady everyday. I want to freeze time so she can't keep growing up, and yet, I love seeing the amazing girl she is becoming.

For her birthday she wanted to go on a hike - just the two of us. We hiked to a beautiful part of Pinnacles we've never done before because it's too far for the little kids. It was incredible! 

Michael got to take these two cuties for a lunch date...

And that night we enjoyed a yummy dinner and swimming in the hot tub with our dear friends the Phillips.

Here's more about 10-year-old Hazel in her own words:

What's the best part of being 10 years old?
Ummm..... (laughs) Double digits!

What are 5 things you love to do?
1. Read
2. Ride my bike
3. Go places with my family
4. Hike
5. Play with friends


What are you most excited for this year?
Moving in to our new house and finishing the basement.

What are some things you don't like?
Finishing one of my favorite books, shrimp, the smell of cold soup, and crashing on my bike (which I have done a few times).


What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to home-school my kids.

What is your favorite book?
Harry Potter, Fabelhaven, Beauty, American Girl books.

If you were a Harry Potter character who would you be?
Probably Hermione seeing as all I do is read.

No comments: