Little E is now 9 years old and entering her last year of single digits! I cannot believe this tiny sweetie below has grown in to the amazing young lady above. (The dress she's wearing used to be my dress. She wanted an outfit for the 4th of July and I haven't worn it in ages, so we turned it into this cute dress for her. I must say, she wore it better!)
For the girls' birthday we invited all our cousins to the lake for a day of swimming and kayaking. It was the first time we've seen the Smith cousins since before COVID hit, so it was so nice to all be together again!
Eliza also decided to make her own cake this year. She made this chocolate cake from scratch, and it was literally the best cake I've ever eaten!


Now on to the things we love about Eliza at this age.... First off, she is such a wonderful friend. Eliza is so outgoing and makes friends with everyone we meet. She just has a way of making anyone feel comfortable and ready to play!

I love Eliza's excitement! She always turns things in to a game and finds fun, silliness, and joy in small moments.

Eliza is still such a snuggle-bug. She snuggles mom and dad, her chickens, stuffed animals. She also loves to be cozy! It's no surprise she turned this nook in her bedroom in to her own cozy reading room full of stuffies.
![]() |
| "Sparkles" from a giant dandelion |

![]() |
| Sand Beard |
Eliza is SO good with little kids and babies. She's going to make an incredible mother someday.

I love how much Eliza loves the outdoors. She's always creating new ways to play and finding excitement in little moments in nature.

I will always love watching Eliza with chickens! Seriously, I sometimes think this girl loves chickens more than people. She is the best "chicken tender" I've ever met.

Eliza, we love you so much! I love how much you enjoy reading, I love how you constantly invent and create (even if it tends to get a bit messy), and I love you sweet smile that lights up the room. Happy 9th Birthday Eliza!















No comments:
Post a Comment