One Sunday morning I found myself making bread with all three boys as assistants. It's rare for all three of them to help me, but all the girls were still sleeping/reading downstairs and the boys needed something to do. As we were baking the following conversation ensued...
After we added the yeast Conrad starting chanting:
"Come on, fart yeast, fart!"
Orson of course joined in and then I hear Walter saying:
"Fawrt! Fawrt!"
After laughing, I explained to them that the yeast isn't farting, it's just breathing out and that's what causes the bread to rise. Conrad looks at me and asks, "Then, am I eating living things?"
"Well, they're living. But once we bake the bread they die from the heat," I explained.
Orson then pipes up, "Wait, you wake them up and feed them just to kill them in the oven? Do you at least warn them they're about to die!?!"
Oh boys! You are hilarious! Thanks for making Sunday morning bread such an exciting time.
Did I mention that our baby is also a boy!?! It seems we only parent in eras. First we had our girl parent era, now our big girls and little boys era. Someday all the girl will be grown and we'll be firmly boy parents. Here's to loving and enjoying each and every stage!

No comments:
Post a Comment