Packing, cleaning, and preparing to move, then unpacking and organizing have monopolized a HUGE portion of my summer. More than any time in recent year, our kids have faced long stretches of the day with no plans and only limited amounts of our attention. But, I've been reminded, that's not an entirely bad thing. In fact, we've seen some amazing moments come from those bored hours.
Things like sibling bonding...
Creativity, curiosity, and compassion..
Resourcefulness and just plain silliness...
They ended up earning over $75! They were proud of themselves (and so was I).
And are you even moving if you don't spend time playing in boxes!?!
Even the teenagers got creative designing and sewing their own swim tops and bonnets (not to be worn at the same time, except for pictures of their progress)
So, while we did some really fun and wonderful things this summer. We also had a lot of boring days where Michael and I spent a lot of time packing and the kids were left to entertain themselves and help with the little boys. They did wonderfully!



















No comments:
Post a Comment