Memorial Day weekend always feels like the kickoff to summer. This year, instead of soaking up time together as a family, we were going three separate ways. Michael headed to Iowa to look at homes, Hazel and Eliza joined their Vanguard friends on an amazing camping trip to Goblin Valley, and I took the rest of the kids camping with Harrison's family, Gabby's family, and Mom & Dad.
The Smith Family Campout was such a fun weekend. The cousins had the best time playing, swimming in the freezing lake, throwing rocks, wrestling, making fairy houses, and eating amazing food.
We had a great time, but it was an exhausting weekend for me. I was on my own without Michael or my bigger kids, Walter was struggling with potty training, Lionel wasn't loving sleeping away from home, and I had to bring Hailey because there were showings happening at the house while we were away. Whew! Thankfully, my siblings were an amazing help, and it was worth every bit for the fun memories that were made.
Meanwhile, Hazel and Eliza were in here!
They had the BEST time! They hiked, played epic capture the flag on the hoodos, and had SO much fun with friends. I'm so thankful they have awesome opportunities to do teen paced things like this. They're so patient and helpful with the younger kids, and they deserve some time away too.
Lastly, Michael drove to Iowa to look for a home. We were hoping our house would already be under contract when he left, but that wasn't the case. His trip was still super helpful to get to know the area better. Along the way he was able to meet up with friends in Omaha which was fun too.
It was so great to have everyone under one roof again by Sunday night and swapping stories from their adventures. It's not lost on me that our time all together as a family of 9 will only be a few short years. Then the older girls will start moving on to their next adventures. Every time this move has been hard, I've tried to remind myself that this is the one and only time our entire family will move together. These days are insanely busy, but I'm so thankful for each one!
No comments:
Post a Comment