Saturday, August 9, 2008

Elizabeth Gaskell

For those of you who don't know, I'm a shameless Jane Austin fan. I love all of her books and every move ever made relating to them. That said, I have just discovered Elizabeth Gaskell who was a contemporary of Jane Austin. In the past few weeks I've watched the movies North and South and Wives and Daughters which were based on her novels. I loved them! Needless to say, as soon as I'm done with school (one more week!) I will be reading the books. If you haven't heard of her but love Jane Austin, check her out!
Also, I found this on a friend's blog. It's really fun. My scores say I'm Elizabeth Bennet. See which Jane Austin character you're the most like.
http://www.strangegirl.com/emma/quiz.php

1 comment:

Tom said...

Justine I am glad to hear that you are doing something besides school. My daughter in law is also a huge fan of Jane Austin. However I don't know anything about her or her works.

As for movies I recently enjoyed Gods and Generals and am now watching Gettysburg. 2 movies which appear to be somewhat accurate documentaries on the Civil War. It is interesting to watch the history from the Southern point of view.

I look forward to seeing you on Thursday and yes I am doing much better and will be fine. the Dr. gave me a release to return to work tomorrow (Monday).