Sunday, February 6, 2011

Skiing!


Yesterday my parents and I went skiing! Harrison's good friend Katy came with us. They were co-presidents together their senior year in high school so my parents have kept up their friendship while Harrison's on his mission. I was anxious to get up skiing because I got my new skis for Christmas and I hadn't had a chance to try them out. I had to go before I got too big (don't worry - I was very careful and didn't fall once).

Unfortunately the roads were terrible getting up there. We barely made it up one of the hills and so we decided to detour to Keystone instead of driving all the way to Vail. The drive was certainly worth it because the snow was great and we had a blast!

I LOVE my new skis:) It took a bit to get used to them and adjust to my different center of gravity. We didn't take any pictures of us actually skiing, but we did stop at the snow fort in "Kidtopeia" and got some pictures there...
You would have thought my parents were teenagers again the way they wanted to play. My dad had to go down the slide (and broke a buckle on his boot in the process....)
Then they had to sit on the throne. Haha, I love my parents! Thanks for taking me skiing with you and for the skis!

No comments: