Monday, February 14, 2011

Who Knew....

Who knew that a pair of Elmo socks and a package of playdough (both from the dollar section at Target) would be the PERFECT Valentine's Day gift for this little one?
We got these the Friday before Valentine's day and Hazel wanted to put them on as soon as we got home. She wore them all night and all day Saturday:) At her insisting, I had to wash them so she could wear them again on Monday. While wearing them she points to her feet about 106x per day to say "Elmo socks." So cute! This little girl LOVES Elmo (but only in books and on socks. She doesn't like his voice on TV).
As for the playdough, Mike didn't want to get it because he thought Hazel was too young. She proved him wrong by playing with it for 45 minutes straight the first day (and every day since). She doesn't try to eat it or mix the colors (a girl after my own heart!) Her favorite things to make are frogs and ducks.


I love that with a $2 present Hazel had the best Valentine's day in the world. Now that is what Valentine's day should be about. Forget boxes of chocolates and overpriced flowers. It's all about the simple things in life. I know Mike and I had the best Valentine's day just watching her enjoy her gifts (and eating yummy home-made heart shaped French bread).

No comments: