Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fourth of July 2013

I have a sad confession to make with this post - I've decided I like a lot of things about living in Provo. I know I never thought I'd admit to something like that! The city government is very well run and the town itself is clean, well-maintained, and beautiful. It doesn't feel like living in a college town when you're not the one in school (that is until you forget you live in a college town and go to the grocery store at 10pm on Friday night to find it twice as busy as it ever is during the day time haha!). You get to drive past the MTC and see the enthusiastic smiles of new missionaries. There's BYU ice cream and chocolate milk, tons of family activities, and cheap artistic events (because I'd never to be able to afford going to ballets anywhere else). If Provo wasn't in Utah I'd say I love living here but I'll be honest I have an equally long list of reasons I don't like living in Utah.

Anyways, back to the point, another thing I enjoy about Provo is the Freedom Festival. The Fourth of July in Provo is awesome! This year we walked a few blocks from our house up to the parade. The girls LOVE parades. Thankfully we got a great spot in the shade because it was HOT!

You can tell Michael love getting up early on a holiday to walk to a parade can't you? Thanks for being a good sport honey!




Cutest 4th of July girls!


Then we spent the afternoon lazing around the house and enjoying a BBQ before heading up to BYU to watch fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. The fireworks are so close you feel the huge booms and the show lasts a long time! Eliza slept through the whole thing but Hazel enjoyed herself. And as long as you know where to park and take back road home, you get out of there without hitting any traffic. 

Enjoying olives before dinner.

Glow stick princess.

So thank you Provo for the wonderful festivities and making living it Utah almost tolerable.

No comments: