Sunday, July 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Hazel! Happy Birthday Eliza!

Happy 4th Birthday Hazel!

Happy 2nd Birthday Eliza! 

Hazel and Eliza celebrated their birthdays last Monday. I cannot believe they're getting so old!! For their party the girls agreed upon a "Fancy Nancy Birthday Dress-Up" theme. Okay, I may have pushed them a bit to the idea because A)we had a princess tea party last year, and B) I love that Fancy Nancy's style doesn't involve any matching or planning - just grabbing every fancy thing in the house and throwing it all together. Just what the pregnant, tired mamma needed! But really they were very excited about it!

We had family and a few friends over to the house for cake and some snacks, played outside, opened gifts, and had a blast.

Hazel's one request for the party - a Fancy Nancy club house. Thanks Daddy for making one!

Olivia, Miles, Eliza, and Hazel. Sadly Thomas and James got sick and couldn't make it. 


Present time! So I had decided months ago I wanted to make the girls dress ups for their birthday. They live in them about half the day and the costume ones are so poorly made all our dress ups are just falling apart. So I got ambitious and sewed each of them two dresses. It was a lot of work but I'm so pleased with how they turned out! 

Cinderella and Aurora for Hazel. 

Minnie Mouse and Rapunzel for Eliza. 

Hazel was thrilled when she opened hers! The one thing she told us she wanted was a new Cinderella dress. She also got a Cinderella doll to go with it.


Eliza saw hers and immediately had to try them on. She was literally out of her other dress before we could stop her! She loves them! 

Another huge hit was these crocheted crowns from my cousin's wife Megan. She had an AMAZING talent. Every year she makes hand makes the girls something and every year they LOVE it!

Eliza LOVED her stroller from Mom and Dad and her Barbie from Gram Holly (my mom's twin sister). She sleeps with the Barbie and if the crown falls off she's saying "Where my Ba-bee cow-en!"

We ended the party with yummy cake. The girls went back and forth so many times over what they wanted on their cakes. Shockingly Hazel didn't end up with a princess cake! 

Hazel's Butterfly Cake.

Eliza's Princess Cake. 


The party was a definite success - a simple, sweet celebration that our two leading ladies loved. What I thought was so cute was how for now they love sharing a birthday. To them, having a birthday with your sister is the best thing ever. We'll see how long it lasts.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, smart, sweet girls! 

No comments: