Sunday, July 14, 2013

You may have heard...


This picture made it's way on to Facebook a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting it up on the blog. Baby number 3 will join our family in January! We are excited to welcome another sweet little one in to our home. Hazel is really looking forward to the baby. She pats my tummy and give it kisses all the time. She has even told me that she is going to practice being a big sister. "I was one with Eliza, but it's been a long time so I need to practice." I love how excited she is for the baby. Eliza is pretty much indifferent to the whole thing. Or she's in denial that she'll no longer be the baby!

I started noticing my belly growing much earlier this time around. I was seriously convinced I was having twins! But the first ultrasound confirms there is only one baby - whew! Speaking of twins, I have the craziest dreams while I'm pregnant but I must share one that tops them all. I dreamed that it was twins and they ended up being a few weeks early. Baby A was born on December 31st and Baby B was born January 1st.  So we had Hazel and Eliza with the same birthday and twins with not only different birthdays but born in different years!! Because it was such a cool story we were on the Today show!  I woke up so excited because I've always secretly wanted to be on the today show. Haha! Like I said CRAZY dreams.

Things have been going as smoothly as can be expected in the first trimester. Thankfully I don't get sick (though I've been much more nauseous with this one than the girls) but I am so tired I don't get much done. With the girls I would sleep like 10 hours a night and be fine during the day, but with this one I've had a hard time sleeping so I've been really lethargic and had a "foggy" brain all the time. Can't wait until I have the energy to do more than bare minimum cleaning! Whether it's from lack of sleep or just a different symptom I've also been a lot more moody this time around. Maybe it's a boy? Regardless, we're excited!

1 comment:

Becky and Steve said...

Congratulations!!!! I always wanted twins and I thought it would be cool to have them on Dec 31/Jan.1. There is one couple that had twins on Dec 31 1999 and Jan. 1, 2000. I remember I watched the Today Show about them.