Sunday, May 4, 2014

Finally made it to Freemont!

The weekend after Easter we finally made it down to Freemont to visit Michael's grandma (Grandma Great as the girls call her). Freemont is a teeny-tiny cow town but was so much fun!

Our trip started off with an adventure. As we were driving we saw a field of sheep with lots of little lambs. I thought it might be fun to stop so the girls could see them. As we were slowing down I saw two lambs outside the pasture trying desperately to get back to their mommies. I then insisted we stop and help them. We were able to open up a gate and chase the lambs back in! Lesson learned though - lambs are fast and chasing them in way much harder than anticipated (it took us a good 15 minutes to get them both in). But, we saved two lambs! Not bad for some city slickers:)

We had a wonderful visit with Grandma. Michael took his cap and gown down to show her since she won't be able to be at his graduation (sneak peak of what will be happening this week!!!!)

 Saturday night after the girls went to bed Michael and I played with the ATVs for a bit. I'd never ridden one before and had a great time!

Sunday we went to church with Grandma then she gave us the grand tour of Freemont. Micahel rode the ATV while I drove.

At one of the large cattle ranches Hazel got out to explore.



Who knew a drive in the country was so exciting! On one road the cows were all surrounding the car.

Cow!
Cow!
 Hazel even took a spin on the ATV with Daddy. I was surprised she wasn't scared to try it, but she loved it!


It was truly a wonderful visit! Nothing like a nice slow weekend in the country with Grandma-great!


No comments: