I love my sweet, sweet girls! They teach me so much every day.
Hazel:
Today during the Sacrament Hazel told me, "Mom, plain bread doesn't taste very good. But for Sacrament it's worth it! It helps us remember Jesus." She also recently told me, "I don't like onions. Or when you have to leave."
One day Hazel told me I couldn't go in her room because she was working on something and it was a surprise. She cleaned her bedroom all by herself (normally it's like pulling teeth!) Then she told me she decided to clean up because the Holy Ghost told her she should. Love you so much Hazel!
Eliza:
Little Eliza, where do I start? Lately she has been loving playing babies. Either she is a baby or Ellie is a baby almost all the time. She also is going through this phase where she thinks she needs help all the time and with things she can do on her own. It makes me a bit crazy at times!
Eliza loves to follow Hazel around and do what she does. But then you get her on her own and it's clear she's much quieter than Hazel and a bit shy at times. She is such a tender heart though and is always thinking of others. If I'm reading a book to her she always makes me wait to start until Hazel is there too. She also is always remember to bless others in her prayers. My mom's health has been poor for a while now and she's had to go through several surgeries. Eliza is always praying "bless Gram to feel better soon!" We love you little EE!
Lenora:
Beautiful little Lenora is 3 1/2 months old already! She is still just the sweetest, clam baby. She smiles all the time. Recently she discovered her hands and loves sucking on them. She also loves looking at her mobile. For whatever reason, she also really loves holding on to cloths - blankets, dish towels, burp cloths - she just likes to hold them.
Some days being a mom is tough. The girls bicker back and forth, Hazel grabs something for Eliza and Eliza screams at her, and on and on. Hazel startes being silly, Eliza follows and when I turn my back for a micro-second Eliza has accidentally pulled Lenora off the couch (yes that really happened - today in fact). It's easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated when it takes us an hour to do their simple chore of cleaning the bedroom. But I'm slowly learning not to let things get to me. I'm slowly learning to be more patient and remember these years will pass far too quickly. These three girls teach me so much!
Today Elder Worthin, our area Seventy, came to our ward. Our Stake President introduced me to him as Brother Ballard's wife. After the customary nice to meet you, he said something that really touched me. He thanked me for my work. He told me that, while un-seen and under valued, my work as a mother was the most important and that often it was the hardest. Then he thanked me again.
It was such a timely reminder for me! I'm so thankful I've been trusted with the all important job of being a mother. And I'm especially thankful I was given such wonderful, beautiful girls to teach me.
No comments:
Post a Comment