Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Olympics After All :(

As you may know, Mike is on the national Deaf Olympics Volleyball team. He went to Venezula in 2007 for the PanAm Games where the US successfully qualified for the Olympics in Tai Pei this September. This past weekend Mike was in Rochester, NY for a tournament when the team got some bad news; the USA Deaf Sports Federation made an executive decision not to send the men's volleyball team to the Olympics:(

Mike is a bit bummed that after all that hard work, the team won't be able to compete. No matter what, I say you're a great player (and a very good looking one too!) I love you tons:)

One good thing about Mike not going to the Olympics is he will not have to leave our sweet baby girl for 3 weeks right after she is born. She and I will be very glad to have Daddy around.

6 comments:

karen said...

aw, bummers !! you'll really apperciate that mike will be home with you two.. it helps so much to have ALL the help (and SLEEP) you can get.. i emailed a link for my blog since i went private.. if he didn't get it-- email me at karen5huff@gmail.com and i'll send you an invitation..

Amy said...

aww man! That stinks! I was so excited for him!!! But like you said the bright side of this is you and little Hazel get to have him home with You!!!

Alicia said...

Bummer! Keep it up though. I am excited bout the baby and for Mike being able to be around more.

Lisa and Josh said...

That bites that he can't go after all that practice and anticipation. I'm sure the memories will be just as amazing with your baby!

Tom said...

Mike, Olympics or no Olympics you were n the team and THAT is an important thing to realize.

Now you can spend your time being with 2 VERY special ladies that love and appreciate you. What a wonderful blessing our Father has given us that of being able to raise a family. Being trusted with His spirit children to teach and train is an awesome opportunity.

Justine, I know you and by knowing you know how supportive you are of Mike in his Olympic quest ~ and how supportive you will be during this disappointment how lucky he is to have you.

Love and appreciate you both for the friendship that you so freely share with me.

Chrystee said...

Aww..that's no fun news to receive! At least you had the experience of being on the team and hopefully in the future, you'll have another chance! :)