February 16th was Lenora's baby blessing. I love so much about the day babies are blessed. I love having family gather to honor the sweet little baby. I love the beauty of seeing the baby in white and remembering how truly pure and holy she is. I love the power of the priesthood distilling on the sweet infant and giving them blessings that will remain with them for their entire life. Lenora's blessing day had all of these wonderful things.
Michael's family came to the house for lunch before church. It was wonderful to have both of his grandma's there with us (though we didn't get a picture with Grandma Craig).
| Hazel, "Grandma" Janet, and Lenora |
| Lenora and Alicia |
| The family with Grandma Ballard (love Eliza in this one) |
| Daddy gave Lenora a beautiful blessing! |
Sadly this is the best family picture we got before church. Moments later Hazel stepped in a mud puddle and caked her shoes with a good inch of mud. Michael's reaction is priceless. Thankful we got a decent photo at the church.
I was also reminded how blessed we are with a wonderful family. In addition to everyone that came from Micheal's side of the family ALL of my side of the family made it out for the blessing (Gabby and Jake had to leave early because Brenna was teething and cranky so they aren't in the picture).
One more especially sweet story from the day... Because we are in the Deaf ward, Michael gave Lenora's blessing in ASL. In our ward the father starts in the circle, then goes up to the stand to sign the blessing where he can been seen before returning to the circle. Michael was also sitting on the stand because he was speaking in our ward. So, I put my dad in charge of carrying Lenora up to the circle and gave him the responsibility to make sure they didn't drop her. Since my dad is a convert he has never blessed a baby before. I could tell that even though he didn't give her the blessing, he felt like an important part of her big day and he was. I'm so thankful for my wonderful dad. He did a great job too!
It was such a beautiful day to celebrate the new life of this beautiful girl. Lenora, you are very loved by lots of people!
No comments:
Post a Comment